Eisenhower has a new Maker Space in the library!
Magnetic Marble Run is a very popular activity these days in the Eisenhower library! When students have finished their work, you might see them:
- learning how to code with our Coding Mouse
- expressing their creativity at a crafting table
- creating works of art on the Buddha Board
- experimenting with electric circuitry with our snap circuit sets
- learning about physics with a balancing game
- engineering a bridge with a K’Nex set
- testing their logic and spatial skills with Logic Dots or Cat Stax
- planning a path through the Gravity Maze
Kids love coming to the Maker Space, an area where STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, Mathmatics) activities are set up and changed daily in the library. They spend a few minutes experimenting and igniting their creativity and curiosity before heading back to class.
We’d like to thank our very supportive Eisenhower PTO for providing start-up funding for this initiative that we intend to continue expanding and improving in the coming years! We hope to build our crafting supplies next year, as well as add some additional digital creation opportunities.